Saturday, May 14, 2011

Five Formidable Fantastic Minutes

Couch to 5K Week 4 Day 1 - Success!!

Here's what it was - 5 minutes walking, 3 minutes jog, 1.5 walk, 5 min jog, 2.5 walk, 3 min jog, 1.5 walk, 5 minutes jog, 5 min walk.

What that means is that I jogged 16 minutes out of 31!! more than half!!

The first 5 minutes jog was tougher than the second. I ran on a trail today instead of the track which is good and bad. Good because I need to practice running in the elements, but bad because it was a cold dreary windy day today and I had to wear mittens and a long sleeve shirt. Also, the track can be more motivating because I know it takes 90 seconds to do one lap so I can judge how well I'm doing time wise and I have a marker that I know when the jogging time is done without constantly looking at my stop watch.

Today was surely the hardest of the training so far, but I still had success!! Go ME!

1 comment:

  1. Go you indeed! That is brilliant...I love to see your success here! Fantastic
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete