Sunday, April 24, 2011

Completed Week 1 of C25K

Even though it was Easter, I was determined to complete Week 1 of the Couch to 5 K Program. We packed the family and the dog into the van and went to a nearby park with a limestone trail. I still feel I need to control my breathing, but I recover very easily. I think I might want to get an IPOD because as the distance of jogging gets longer it is a lot harder to do without music. I run with a timer so I know when I'm supposed to walk and run, but I need something smaller. Mother's Day is coming up....

It was a fabulous day. We tried a new church (we are forever looking for a church it seems). We were doing quite well at the mega church we were going to, but then a very ugly side of the pastor came out during a sermon and we felt uncomfortable going there. I know everyone has an ugly side, but it just made us wonder how sincere is this pastor who was mad that something didn't go his way and then said "Don't come up to me and tell me it just wasn't God's will. Not everything that happens in this world is God's will" Meh.

The church today was very small - about 40 people or so. It was nice to sing the traditional hymns. We left a small church when we had our kids because we wanted them to grow up with kids in church...now they are in school they have lots of friends so maybe it isn't needed as much. I think we like the idea that we can use our giftedness for good in this church. We shall see...

I had a few girls from my book club over. I had bought each plate a Lindt Chocolate Bunny...only one girl took it home...! I however have not eaten one! I'm amazing! I did eat two small Hershey Miniatures but that's it. That's all! I'm rockin' it! Now if only my period would end so the scale would move a bit....

Happy Easter!! Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment