Monday, September 21, 2009

She lost 200 lbs.

There is a fitness trainer at the gym who lost 200 lbs. 200!! She has kept it off for 8 years and now runs the boot camp and weightloss programs at our fitness center. Isn't that amazing? She's a little scary - wearing camouflage boot camp clothes all the time instead of the cute spandexy type outfits the trainers with the pony tails wear. But she's knows something if she's been able to maintain!

She saw me today and told me I was looking good. (She did the metabolic testing back in August.) It was a nice compliment. She told me though I need to be working more on muscles and eating 50 grams of protein a day. 50 grams! I am trying to figure out how much that is. It would be about 9 eggs. or 9 oz of meat/tuna. I know I don't eat 50 grams uually, but I try to eat enough. She recommended the book "Body for Life" By Bill Phillips. She made sure to tell me to get the original 1999 edition (not the Body for Women, or any of the other series). I put it on hold at the library so we'll see what it has to say.

I know my blog is so boring now...Something weird happened and it messed up my design, so now I need to figure out how to get another design on it.

All is well - did about 30 minutes cardio 10 minutes with the bands while the kids were at AWANA. I'm trying to convince hubby to take the Body Pump class with me, but he didn't want to. Too many women.

1 comment:

  1. How great to have an inspiration like the boot camp trainer at the gym! The program I'm in suggests at least 60 gms of protein a day when you're strength training. It's a good thing a lot of protein foods are good! Think shrimp, steak, chicken, cottage cheese, and so on.

    Thanks for reminding me about brushing and flossing after dinner. Why didn't I remember that?

    Your sight looks great, btw. I wish I knew how to do that! I'll have to check out that cutest blog site.

    ReplyDelete