Monday, September 28, 2009
The Honest Scrap Award
Thank you Leslie for the Honest Scrap Award. I am thankful for all of you who read my blog and post comments, it does help me stay motivated. I think I am supposed to list 10 "honest" things about myself.
1. I did not learn to drive a car until I was 25.
2. I have met Yo Yo Ma, Paul Wylie (the figure skater) and Kurt Warner.
3. My movie boyfriend is Colin Firth
4. I have weighed more than 300 lbs.
5. I have eaten a half gallon carton of ice cream in one sitting.
6. I have eaten a can of cold chicken noodle soup. (I know - ew, gross)
7. Somewhere I have a half sibling that was given up for adoption that I do not know.
8. I sing in the church choir
9. I play the glockenspiel in the church orchestra
10. I am 15% grey according to a hairdresser I no longer go to because she told me I was 15% grey.
I hope that was enjoyable to my readers.
On to another honest thing... I am really bitchy to people when they are complimenting me lately (especially my dear husband). Every time he says I look good I get annoyed with him. We were at the gym and I was doing crunches and he said "Looking Good". I told him to shut up. I told him I do NOT look good, I look like a fat woman doing crunches. And that is not a good image. My very good friend yesterday told me I was looking skinnier (she knows about my efforts to lose weight) but BECAUSE she knows I can't find validity in the compliments. I know I should be more accepting of the generous comments, but it's hard. Today especially I FEEL fat. So when someone who knows I am working out nearly every day tells me I look skinnier, it's hard to know whether they are just trying to be encouraging or they really see a difference.
I need to just say "Thanks" and move on.
On a very happy note I jogged 1/3 of a mile today. Granted I did not do it all at one time. Our track at the fitness center takes 9 laps to make a mile. I did 1 lap with hubby, then did the elliptical, did some weights, did another lap, did some crunches, did another lap. But still. I can't remember the last time I jogged even one lap!! It was a victory moment for me.