Thursday, September 24, 2009

Feelin' Groovy!

I'm feeling groovy tonight. A very dear friend tonight told me how proud he was of my efforts to get healthy and that he was just very thrilled about how I was doing. It was unsolicited praise which made it that much sweeter. I'm not doing it for the accolades, but it was nice to hear. No one except my hubby has noticed much of a physical change yet, but I do. My shirts are all looser. I can actually see places on my body that are thinner. Kind of weird but there are indents where there used to be blobs of fat. :)

Today I did 20 minutes cardio, interval training and then I worked on the biceps and triceps and abs.

I've finally gotten around to an actual Work out schedule. I've been going wherever the wind took me in order to get a better idea of which classes I liked, but its time to buckle down.

Here's how it looks:
Monday Nights - Cardio on the Elliptical
Tuesday - Spin class and Body Pump Class
Wednesday - Cardio
Thursday - Body Pump Class
Friday - Body Flow (Taichi/Yoga) - Cardio on Elliptical
Saturday - Tennis or Cardio
Sunday- Day of Rest.

I might do a Boot Camp Class with a personal trainer on MWF night for the month of October. I enjoy watching what they are doing when I'm working out on the floor. We'll see.

Happy trails.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie,

    Thanks for the nice comment about my writing yesterday. You may not think you're a writer, but you seem to be doing pretty well to me!

    Congratulations on having the friend notice your weight loss efforts...that really feels good, doesn't it? I guarantee it won't be long before more folks will notice if you keep doing what you're doing. You have an impressive work out schedule. I haven't done any classes yet, but I really want to work some in. I hear Zumba is great. And good for you for taking a day off each week. It's important, and sometimes I get all compulsive and don't want to miss a day. Moderation!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your workout schedule never ceases to amaze me! Great job girl!!

    ReplyDelete