Sunday, September 4, 2011

I am Balanced.

Over a year ago, I started going to therapy because I had been having really negative reactions to other people's positive things (which is NOTHING like me...I'm a rejoice when you rejoice type of Gal!) Something was out of whack and I was living in a self pity, woe is me type of mentality (some of it maybe justified) and even the happiest news for someone else would make me cry in sadness because my life was never that good or easy.

I can say honestly, nothing was balanced in my life then. My eating was out of whack, I didn't exercise much, my parenting was not consistent, I wasn't always treating my husband very well. I went to church, but I hated it. I spent too many hours dwelling on squabbles with friends past and present. I was a mess.

I was able to say goodbye to my therapist on Friday. She told me that I have achieved a lot more balance in my life and that I'm one of the most balanced people she has been seeing. I eat well, exercise well, I have balanced my friend life between church and non-church. She said she sees it so much in my demeanor. I feel good. I don't stress about little things so much. I'm embracing life in a way I haven't done in a very long time. (if ever)

Today we took the girls on a bike ride along the river. We rode about 6 miles. Fun times!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Getting healthy is so much more than just physical but it affects all the spheres of our lives. That must have been a good feeling to hear your therapist say that.

    ReplyDelete