Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Talbots Skirt

In 2001 I did Weight Watchers for about 30 weeks or so (the longest stretch I'd ever done and I'd lost about 38 lbs. While I was there and losing, I had gone to a Talbot's sale and bought a silk long skirt with lace trip in a buttercream yellow color. I loved it. I found the silk top to match. Of course then I went and gained all the weight back and couldn't fit into the skirt (18W). I eventually had to get rid of the top - silk and sweaty underarms never go very well together...but I didn't have the heart to give away the skirt. Well, readers...of course you know what I'm wearing right now, don't you? And I still love it as much as I did in 2001. Maybe more because I've taken a journey to revisit it.

I am loving exploring better fashion now. At Marshall's the other day I bought two items in the regular section (XL of course!) But how awesome is that!! It'll be a while before I can buy everything there, but there's just so much happiness is buying a top and a skirt that I find flattering and fashionable. Often a troubling bit for us plus sized ladies!

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is. So happy for you!!

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. You always encourage & inspire me. And i should definitely try drinking more water. I drink about 80 ounces a day, which i know is good compared to many people haha, but i've read lately that 1/2 your body weight is how many you should drink?! Which would put me at 135ish... woah! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete