Monday, July 4, 2011

Camping Correctly!



We went camping this weekend at Devils Lake State Park in Wisconsin. It was quite enjoyable with the family and the dog. We hiked every day, and I'm proud of myself for doing it! Some of the hikes were up steep cliff slopes! We had some spectacular views. I managed to eat pretty well too. Only about 4 marshmallows and only 1 trip to Dairy Queen for a Banana Cream Pie Blizzard - YUMMALICIOUS!!

Otherwise I was wise and packed only normal foods and not our usually camping food of crappy caloric food. We had such a relaxing time playing ladder golf, UNO and just hanging out. We were fortunate to also have good campers on both sides of us!!

This picture was one of the hikes we took! (but not of us) It was pretty steep going up! (then down) Good workout. I also got in a jog one morning and did some rowing in the row boat we rented.

Eating well, exercising, relaxing....this is how to camp correctly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment