Friday, July 8, 2011

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!

Okay, this is a funny story...not a mad one. Today I took the SHBam class at the fitness center...this is a lower key Zumba class that is just a ton of fun. When I went in there were these 3 young skinny girls with short shorts already in (probably late teens) stretching out, doing straddle splits and all that...like they were young and fit and could kick this classes a$$. These girls lasted 2 songs out of 10 maybe. They were out of breath and having side cramps. It can be an exhausting class for sure, but there was just so much humor because they had come in all haughty not really prepared for the workout it was. And here I was and this other woman who was even larger than I hanging in there....

I know everyone is at their own fitness level and I give the girls props for working out..but I couldn't help but think 'WOW, I Am more fit than a skinny teenager!!

And I also have to add the instructor Nita to my list of favorite instructors along with Kiersten, Donna and Therese (although she is out with an injury)

Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Being skinny is not necessarily the same as being fit, and I love being reminded of that from time to time... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful...I would have loved to have seen that! Girls like that intimidate me in the gym, I always assume they are laughing at me,when really they are not. I'm delighted to hear you rocked a group of skinnies!!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete