Saturday, October 24, 2009

Blame it on the Rain

Ok..so I know I can't REALLY Blame it on the Rain. Ahh..Milli Vanilli - where are they now? I still remember when it came out that they lip synched.

Bad - The first thing I thought of when I woke up: I should go to McDonalds and get a McGriddle.

Bad - Yesterday I went carb/sugar crazy - like 6 skinny cow icecreams crazy and Honeybuns crazy

Good - I did exercise yesterday

Bad - This rain is BAD for my spirit

Bad - My ego - Maybe it is just crankiness, but I'm feeling all of a sudden my blog is insignificant. Maybe I just haven't said anything profound, but I'm getting less comments. I shouldn't care so much and get caught up in it, but with weakened defenses...

Bad - My scale obsession. It is getting worse. I will put the scale away

Good - I have planned our Thanksgiving vacation to visit the Pilgrims

Good - I think I have ovulated this month

Good - There's always more chances to do good.

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry - I'm reading every one of your posts and the only reason I don't comment on every one (although I try) is because I often don't have anything worthwhile to add!

    Sorry you're feeling a bit bleeugh about the foods you're eating. You know what you have to do there, so there's no point me going into that! It's really good that you're continuing to exercise, though - it will help you SO much in the long run.

    Bury your scales in the back garden if you're obsessing about them and weighing all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodie. Well all you have to do is aim for more goods than bads in each and every day. It really is that simple. Work out first thing in the morning which of the previous days bads you're going to turn into todays goods. The more you convert bads to goods the better you'll feel.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read most if not all of your blogs. I dont always leave comments. Do something GREAT today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to write a comment today! It is really uplifting. It's all part of the downward spiral - self loathing, pity. I'm trying to break it. Just knowing that people are listening to me makes it better. Thank you Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here and I'm listening! Don't give up!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like how you lay out the good and the bad in your posts...and i too, miss Mili...not so much Vanili:)"Girl you know it's true"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read you every day, even when you don't post! Then I read the previous day's again:)! I love your honesty Jodie...it's so refreshing. I also get twisted about the blog, and comments and followers. You hit the nail on the head. EGO. In AA I heard someone say that EGO is an acronym for Easing God Out. Hmmmm. Non caloric food for thought. I tell myself I'm doing this for me - but it does feel good to have feedback. Hang in there. Bearfriend is right; aim for more goods than bads each day. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete