Wednesday, August 12, 2009

BodyVive

I dragged myself out of bed this morning to make an 8:00 AM Bodyvive class at the gym. I'm sure I used up quite a few calories running around getting the kids breakfast and ushering the into the minivan. BodyVive is one of the Les Mills series of classes. The class was okay, with a very kind instructor, Kellie. The one problem - there were only 2 others in the class. It might be because of the time, but again it was 2 older ladies with me. The class is a mix of cardio, strength and balance. We used the elastic bands to do bicep, tricep and some leg muscles. We also did a lot of cardio with these purple play ground balls. You are supposed to squeeze the ball while doing the movements. I'm not sure why and I didn't want to ask because it seemed like something that is self explanatory. I sweated a lot, but caught on pretty quick. I would consider taking this class again. I watched a spinning class from outside. A girlfriend wants me to try it...I told her I didn't think I'd be too good. Now THOSE people sweat. So do the people in Step N Pump! I don't know if I'm ready to sweat that much in public. I prefer sweating in the steam room.

I'm not thinking so much about food intake, which I probably should, since one without the other won't get me very far. But I also think changing one thing about yourself at a time is easier than changing two, and that maybe if I can get one thing under control the second would be easier. Contolling exercise might be easier than controlling food. Sometimes I think that my brain is going to automatically just switch into healthy gear, but I know I'm kidding myself. The weight I am is years and YEARS of eating to mask pain, and I still deal with a lot of that pain on a daily basis. One day at a time I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment