Monday, November 28, 2011

I ate a piece of everything!

I enjoyed my vacation immensely.  On Thanksgiving, I had two plates full of all the good things in life and then later I had a piece of almost every dessert on the table...cake, blueberry pie, banana bread, chocolate pie, chocolate peanut brickle, pecan pie.   Yes, it was a lot, but here's the thing.  I took a SLIVER of each thing, not an entire piece.  I allowed myself the freedom to indulge a bit and this freedom made sure I didn't gorge myself with huge pieces.  Because I was free to eat everything, I didn't feel the need to make excuses of what I could and couldn't have and the stress that usually goes along with that was non existent.

I am glad to get back into my routine, but all in all I did really well.  When I could I ate what I normally eat for breakfast and lunch, and then I enjoyed.

The best part - I still lost 2 lbs over vacation!!



Have you thought about your December goals yet?  I figured I would since it is better to be prepared.

I don't normally set timed weight goals, but I would really love to see 199.5 by the end of the year.   That means 6 lbs.  Very doable. 

And I have a goal to ENJOY December.  To Enjoy the cookie parties and social gatherings and know that I have accomplished much and the rate that I get to my ultimate goal is somewhat up to me.  So if I want a few cookies it is not the end of the world, it may just take me a week or two to get to where I am going.  Sometimes that is worth it.






1 comment: