Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The guy who lost 200 lbs in 10 months.

Did you read about that guy in NY that lost all that weight?  If it is true and accurate then I say "Well done", but something in me is very suspicious and also actually very annoyed.

Suspicious because that is 20 lbs a month.  The first 2 months I could see because he was already a very big guy, but 20 lbs per month continuously???  Anyone else been able to do this??  Yeah, didn't think so...  Also, how do we know for sure it was in 10 months?  Are those before and after shots dated?  Also, are there any quotes from the YMCA that confirm his daily dedication?  Not that I've read.  Also, I have eaten more fruits and veggies, less meat and have worked out every day, often 2 times a day for the last 10 months and I have lost less than half of that.

Annoyed because if it is true, it is entirely unhealthy.  First he said he did cardio and weight training for an hour each, six days a week !   Well, if he had been reading all those websites he claims he read for his info, he would know that weight training EVERY day is NOT good for your body.  I worry that others will read his story and start doing like he did and end up with injury.  

I don't mean to be a negative Nelly, but it's really not a great story when the only two people quoted are him and his fiancee.   If anyone ever did a story on me they'd have 5 separate fitness instructors, health club staff, my family and anyone who has ever known me to interview...

Back is better, not fully, but better!!  







2 comments:

  1. Jodie - I thought the same thing when I read this yesterday. Then there were comments and he is responding to them - not losing sleep over his reply that he didn't have any excess skin after losing so much weight (just wonder). Sounds like he wants his 15 minutes of fame and he is getting it.

    Staying MOtivated MO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have worked hard for 10 months and I'm sure I'm nowhere near losing half of that.
    I don't know this story so can't comment on whether it is true but men do lose a surprising amount more than women on the same diet. Terribly unfair but true. If a man followed exactly your plan, or mine they would lose significantly more.
    Having said this - any unhealthy plan - is plain wrong. Crashing down weight in an unhealthy way benefits no-one does it.

    ReplyDelete