Monday, February 6, 2012

Too much fruit

I eat way too much fruit.  I know it.  I need to fix it.  I probably eat 5 to 6 servings a fruit per day.    While it may not be high in calories, it's probably higher in sugar than I should have.  Yes, it is better than a bag of oreos, but I've known for a while that my fruit "addiction" is probably not a great thing!

So I'm going to try to cut back to the 2-3 servings per day that was recommended by the dietician I saw a year or so ago.  It'll be tough for sure because I LOVE my fruit!  But I'm going to do it!






4 comments:

  1. I have the same issue, I could a whole watermelon in one day if I allowed myself. I find that I saw my fruit cravings with vegetables, I eat a lot of raw red peppers and celery to keep my fruit intake down.
    Keep up the great work and have a wonderful week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go für raw veggies instead. I had to limit my fruit to 2 servings per day as well - usually I have one serving of berries (either in my breakfast or later in the day with yogurt) and an apple at work, and I keep the more exotic treats for the weekend. Come summer, that may of course change once more. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm betting you used to overeat other things before..so is this a nice problem to have to correct??

    ReplyDelete