Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Numbers Don't Lie.

Do you weigh more than 250 lbs? Well, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you weigh more than a baby elephant! I had the (um) good fortune to chaperone 2 zoo field trips this with each of my girls' kindergarten class. Although the elephants have been moved off site until they rebuild a new habitat, the scale was there for the kids to see how many of them would it take to weigh the same as a baby elephant. It would take about 6 kindergartners. It takes 1 of me. It's kind of a shocker to know that you weigh more than a baby elephant.

So, why the new blog? Some people who I know in "real life" read my blog. I became uncomfortable with always sharing what I was actually feeling. Things would happen that I wanted to blog about but I couldn't, because I feared retribution or judgment from those who "know" me. Blogging is very freeing, but it wasn't happening when I worried about what others were thinking. And I felt that I couldn't post the big failures. So here I am again! I'm at 285 or so. AGAIN. But I have my first goal. To weigh less than a baby elephant. Here we go again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie! Thanks for cluing me in on your new blog. I totally understand going private. I'm lucky that the only person in my real life who reads my blog is my daughter, and she doesn't get to it too often.

    I'm not at baby elephant status but it would take nothing for me to get there. I've been struggling as well, and back to my pattern of doing great until about 4:30 p.m. and then manage to consume 1,000- 2,000 calories before bed. The sugar has simply got to go. Every day I say THIS is the day - and then 4:30 rolls around.

    Anyhoo, look forward to journeying farther along this path with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jodie! I like the name of your new blog. Though...oh, dear...i DO weigh more than a baby elephant! That's just terrible. Not for long though, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete